14 September, 2011

A Flash Of Fiction 2 (September) Goddess With A Blade by Lauren Dane

Book: GODDESS WITH A BLADE
Author: LAUREN DANE
Genre: URBAN FANTASY
Published: June 2011, CARINA PRESS


Series: none
Source: Publisher via NetGalley, no other compensation given for honest review

From Good Reads:
Rowan Summerwaite is no ordinary woman. Physical vessel to the Celtic Goddess Brigid and raised by the leader of the Vampire Nation, she's a supercharged hunter with the power to slay any vampire who violates the age-old treaty.

A recent string of murders has her at odds with Las Vegas's new Scion, the arrogant and powerful Clive Stewart. The killings have the mark of Vampire all over them, and Rowan warns Clive to keep his people in line—or she'll mete out her own brand of justice.


I Liked -- Plot: I have never hidden how much I like Lauren Dane's novels. Her writing pretty much hits the trifecta of a good romance for me: great writing, awesome characters, and insightful plot development. GODDESS WITH A BLADE is really no exception to me. Though the urban fantasy aspect is something that I haven't read from Dane before, there was really nothing that I didn't enjoy.

I Liked -- Character: Rowan Summerwaite; what can I say about this character? She was an awesome force of nature, not just because she hosts a goddess, but because she has this absolute sense of who she is, and what she is meant to do. Even better, Rowan doesn't deny her attraction to the man that is her adversary. Having females that own themselves and their actions and their feelings is one of Dane's specialties, and I think that she pulls it off well in GODDESS WITH A BLADE.

My Rating: 13.5/15 (4 stars) Must Read

Find the author at:
Website | Blog | Twitter | GoodReads | Facebook

Purchase book at:
Barnes and Noble | Carina Press | All Romance E-bookB | Amazon | Audible

Available formats: NookBook, Epub, Pdf, Kindle, Audiobook

Challenge Participation:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails